Vegan Pumpkin, Turmeric & Ginger Soup
This week’s new recipe is a tasty vegan smooth pumpkin turmeric & ginger soup. Pumpkin season is here so get ready to try out different pumpkin recipes.
I think that everyone has their own little secret ingredient for the perfect homemade pumpkin soup. My secret ingredients are turmeric & ginger. Do you have a ‘secret’ homemade soup ingredient?
You guys are going to love this soup. It’s
It’s easy to make and the leftovers taste even better the next day. So, you could certainly make the soup a day in advance. Don’t be intimidated by the ingredient list—this soup only requires basic pantry ingredients!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 cm piece fresh turmeric -OR- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger
- 1 kg pumpkin of your choice, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 potatoes
- 1 l vegetable stock
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place a large deep pot over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the onion, turmeric, ginger, and garlic to the pot.
- Next, add the chopped carrots, potatoes and pumpkin into the pot with the onion mixture, and saute for 5-10 minutes until the pumpkin and carrots begin to soften and caramelise on the edges.
- Add the vegetable stock, ensuring the pumpkin and carrot are completely covered. If not, add a more water.
- Cook on medium/low heat for 30 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin and carrot are soft, blend the soup with a handheld stab mixer until smooth.
- Serve with toppings of your choice or simply on it’s own.
You can top it with pumpkin seeds & pumpkin seed oil or just use to topping of your choice.
If you love this recipe you are also going to love our Creamy Coconut Curry.