Vegan Plum Pie
Delicious plums definitely make the summer into fall transition a little sweeter. My absolute favorite fruit for making a pie and serve as a dessert with a little bit of ice cream.
Late summer brings fresh juicy plums into our household and this year I really tried my best to enjoy them. Plums are not only super delicious but also very high in nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Their benefits range from better digestion, relieving constipation, to improving heart and bone health. The antioxidants they contain help with reducing inflammation in the cells of our bodies. They can be consumed fresh, cooked, baked, dried but my favorite way is eating them with a golden crust as a pie. Get the RECIPE BELOW to try right now!
What is your favorite pie topping? Let us know in the comments!
- 3 cups spelt flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 6 tablespoon ice water
- 1 kg plums
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Pinch of vanilla
- Put flour, sugar, and salt into the multipurpose blender and quickly blend.
- Add coconut oil into the flour mix and start blending again. Slowly start adding iced water spoon by spoon and blend until you get a ball of dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for
- In the meantime slice and prepare the plums. Add cinnamon and vanilla to the plums and cook for a couple of minutes over medium-high heat until they soften a little bit.
- After 30 minutes in the fridge roll out the dough with plastic wrap.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper. Take one side of the plastic wrap from the dough and add the dough in the tray. Take off the other side of the plastic wrap. Trim excess edges of the dough and dock it with a fork. Lastly, add the plum filling.
- Put in the oven and bake at 180°C for approximately 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot with ice cream. Enjoy!