Shape your legs and grow your booty
Lunges and squats are known as some of the most efficient exercises for toning your leg and glute muscles. Here are of some of our favourite variations that can help you get thinner legs and rounder booty. Find all the exercises and how to properly do them in the details below!
The curtsy lunges are great for toning your inner thighs and glutes.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Lift your right leg, take a step back and cross it behind your left leg.
- Bend your knee and lower it towards the ground.
- Throughout the whole movement keep you abdominal muscles contracted and your torso upright. Shoulder and hips should be square.
- Lift your right leg back up and put it in the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side.
Sumo squat with pulses
The sumo squat with pulsing is a great lower-body strength exercise that emphasizes the muscles of the inner thigh, as well as the glutes, quads, hamstrings, hip flexors, and calves.
- Stand with your feet wider than shoulder width apart.
- Turn your toes slightly outwards.
- Lower your hips towards the ground. Make sure your knees are not collapsing inwards and that they are tracking direction of the toes.
- Pause at the bottom
- Contract your muscles and do 3 pulses.
- Lift back up to the starting position.
The side lunges are great exercise for sides of the glutes and shaping muscles above the knee
- Start with your feet shoulder-width apart and toes pointed straight outward.
- Step out with your right foot to the side.
- Bend the knee and lower yourself down and come slighlty fowrad with your torso.
- Press your right foot firmly into the floor and push it away so you lift yourself back to the starting position.
Reverse lunge to single leg jump
The reverse lunge to single leg jump at the end is great to really feel the burn in your legs. It is very efficiant for toning the whole legs and booty. Because it is a higher intensity exercise it is also helpful for getting rid of stubborn fat.
- Stand with your feet together.
- Step back with your right leg and lower down so your knee almost touches the ground.
- Push your left foot firmly, straighten your right leg and start lifting back leg toes from the ground.
- Bring you right knee infront of your body, lifting it as high as possible.
- Explosive jump on your left foot.