Chocolate chip peppermint muffins
If you love the combination of rich chocolate and fresh peppermint this is the recipe you don’t want to miss!
This recipe is the perfect healthy option for all the chocoholics out there. It is completely vegan and gluten-free. You only need a few key ingredients a little bit of time and you can enjoy delicious and fresh chocolate muffins without guilt!
EASY AND HEALTHY
Moist and delicious chocolate muffins with a little bit of freshness are really easy to make. You just have to blend all the wet ingredients, whisk all the dry ones, and mix everything together. All the ingredients are carefully selected so you can enjoy muffins as a treat for some energy anytime during the day guilt-free. Just try not to eat them all at once!
FRESH AND CHOCOLATY
And now for some great news, we all need to hear!
Dark chocolate is made from the seed of the cocoa tree and it is considered as a nutrient that can positively affect our health. As one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet, it has many health benefits. It can prevent damage to the cells and is especially protective against heart disease.
Peppermint essential oil doesn’t just add freshness and fragrance to the chocolate but also has some great benefits on its own. Active ingredients of peppermint oil help with gut health, headache relief, and also skin health.
So are you ready to make some muffins?
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or other sweeter of choice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup soy or any other plant-based milk
- 2/3 cup cooked apples
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 drops of peppermint essential oil
- First line a muffin pan with paper liners and preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a big mixing bowl, except the chocolate chips.
- Blend all the wet ingredients together in a blender.
- Add wet ingredients to the mixing bowl with dry ingredients and stir to combine everything together. If needed add a bit more milk so you get the right consistency.
- Lastly, add in the dark chocolate chips and put batter in the paper liners. If you don't have chocolate chips you can also chop up some chocolate.
- Bake at 180°C for approximately 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely and enjoy!